The Family Advocacy Program at Jacobi Medical Center

What can I do if I suspect a child is being abused?

  1. If a child is presently being abused or is in danger call 911
  2. You can contact us for an evaluation by calling 718-918-4183/4184 or email us at or
    • If the child lives in New York State, you can call New York State Central Register or also known as the "Child Abuse Reporting Hotline" at 1-800-342-3720
    • If you are a mandated to report child abuse in New York State. The number to call is 1-800-635-1502
  3. If you're in New York City and want to report abuse to law enforcement, you can contact specially trained police and detective of the Special Victims Squad at:
    Manhattan Special Victim Squad 212-694-3010
    Bronx Special Victim Squad 718-378-8921
    Brooklyn Special Victim Squad 718-330-5600
    Brooklyn Child Advocacy Center 718-330-5400
    Queens Special Victim Squad 718-520-9277
    • If the child lives in another state, you can find out how to report by calling ChildHelp USA at 1-800-4ACHILD (1-800-422-4453)
    • For multilingual counseling, you can call the ChildHelp National Child Abuse Hotline/Voices for Children at 1-800-4ACHILD